The IELTS listening test is recorded on a CD and played once only. During the test, time is given to candidate to read the questions and write and check their answers. Answers are written on the question paper as the candidate listen. After the recording, 10 minutes are given to the candidate to transfer their answers to answer sheet.
Variety of voices and native speakers accents are heard only once in each section of IELTS listening.
IELTS LISTENING SECTION 1
A conversation between two people set in everyday social context.
IELTS LISTENING SECTION 2
A monologue set in an everyday context.
IELTS LISTENING SECTION 3
A conversation between up to four people set in an educational context, e.g. university tutor.
IELTS LISTENING SECTION 4
A monologue on an academic subject, e.g. a university lecture.
IELTS LISTENING MARKING AND ASSESSMENT
One mark is awarded for the each correct answer in the 40- item test. There is no penalty for any wrong answers.
Stec Education focuses on the following to develop listening skills :
- Orientation towards the text
- Listening for Particular Information
- Recognizing Details
- Identifying Central Ideas
- Listening Skill Building Exercise
- Listening Practice Skills with Detailed Feedback
- Specific Skills and Strategy for Particular Question Type
- Being Aware of Rhythm, Stress and Intonation